Filter by Category
Chatbots & Vocally Activated Technology
ChatBots and Vocal Interaction Technology are relatively new on the education scene. This is an intriguing time for learning about the pros and cons of using this new technology, AI, and iOT in classrooms and learning environments development. Most of the focus of ChatBots has been in the personal marketplace, and learners have phones, tablets, watches, and smart speakers that have responsive capacity and features. This field is moving very fast and new applications and markets are opening up daily. Recently, Amazon released the first wave of "Alexa at Work" implementation.
ChatBots and Vocal Interaction Technology will enable us to explore, challenge, and even build ChatBot demos in a safe environment. We will look at the tools and developers at the major technology companies and ask targeted questions about the application of this to the learning. Participants will explore several devices and some demo samples to share with your colleagues. We will also look at the risk and limitations of learning clouds and legal “nightmares” involved. Most importantly, we will look at the ability to enhance and shape learning pathways and emerging methodologies. This will be a highly interactive and fun program for exploring the emerging field of Chatbots for learning.
Using the templates and the files provided, the participant will be able to:
- Evaluate what chatbots are and how they work.
- Investigate the five major eco systems in AI and how they are similar and different.
- Examine various considerations that will shape the adoption and the acceptance chatbots into the workplace and our personal lives.
- Define characteristics of chatbots and what we need to look out for.
- Connect learning and development to data and the workplace.
*Available as a keynote